Meir Moza, Esq. Aggressive Attorney & Former Prosecutor Admitted in NY, NJ, & all Federal Courts
Our office was founded by attorney Meir Moza in 1999 after being employed at the respectable Nassau County District Attorney’s Office, as a prosecutor, and chosen among thousands of candidates to this eminent position.
In the DA’s office Mr. Moza has acquired his vast experience in the criminal practice field and litigation, and mastering of the art of jury trials and bench trials.
Additionally Mr. Moza, while employed as an assistant District Attorney had further gained and acquired vast amount of knowledge of the criminal justice system as well as expanded his connections and professional networking amongst the judiciary and practitioners in Nassau and Queens in particular.
It is this specific experience that allows Mr. Moza to provide this outstanding expertise to his clientele and guarantee a maximum success in his practice and case results.
Queens College, 1993, B.S, pre-law major, graduated with honors, honors in political science, Golden Key National Honor Society, top of the class
Touro Law School, graduated 1996, J.D, with honors, top 10% of class, Moot Court Board, represented school in regional moot court competition, advanced to semi-finals. Voted as class speaker and orator. Enrolled in internships for judges in Supreme Court and County Courts in Nassau County and Suffolk County
Licensed to practice in NY and NJ and the federal courts. Admitted to practice since 1997 in NY and NJ.
- Prior employment as a prosecutor in the Nassau county DA’s office from 1997 to 1999. Prosecuted hundreds of criminal cases ranging from thefts to assaults and all aspects of the criminal spectrum.
- Prior experience in Internships in the Queens DA’s office, Nassau DA’s office, Supreme court judgeship and County Court judgeship in Nassau County and Queens County.
- Represented the DA’s office in the State’s Trial Advocacy Course of specialty in prosecution of DWI cases.
- Current firm of Meir Moza & Associates, established in 1999, specializing in criminal defense of white collar and blue collar crimes, felonies, misdemeanors, state and federal crimes.
- Special experience, as an outstanding criminal lawyer, resulted in mastering the art of CROSS EXAMINATION through special training, and so implemented in successfully litigating and vindicating our clients in many JURY TRIALS AND BENCH TRIALS.
- Practice of CRIMINAL LAW, encompasses also other areas of law including family law, civil litigation, immigration, landlord-tenant and traffic offenses.
- Other areas of practice are also encompassed in the firm through general practice FIRM of Meir Moza & Associates, which include several attorneys and associates working in our firm and incorporated into our practice.
- Our firm handled successfully, and effectively defended, a wide variety of cases in the criminal field, including major felonies, drug offenses, drug and ecstasy distribution, attempted murder cases, major assaults, robberies, burglaries, sex offenses, child abuse and endangerment and sexual assaults of minors, rapes, conspiracy cases, grand thefts, forgeries, distribution of counterfeit money, DWI’s, larcenies, reckless endangerment, loaded gun possessions, major counterfeiting and all misdemeanor offenses.
- Our office had obtained a vast experience in criminal practice in the five boroughs and Long Island, and appears daily in the criminal courts in these areas.
Our office had appeared on CHANNEL 2 CBS & CHANNEL 4 NBC News in publicity drawn cases and CHANNEL 7 ABC eyewitness news, on major publicity case involving assault on a village mayor. Additionally, our office was documented in cases through the media in all major newspapers of the Tri-state area including: The Daily News, The Post, The New York Times, Newsday and major Israeli newspapers, Yedioth Ahronot and Maariv.
Citations of Recognition Include:
- “Presidential WHO’S WHO,” Honorary recipient, 2009-2010 edition: Citing and honoring criminal lawyer Meir Moza, Esq. as “an achiever of a level of recognizable success in the field of law and practice of law.” This year’s edition will be registered in the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C.
- “Strathmore’s Who’s Who,” Honorary recipient Was limited to individuals who have demonstrated leadership and achievement in their occupation and profession.
- Golden Key National Honor Society In recognition of outstanding scholastic achievement and excellence in the legal profession.
- Martindale Hubble Citing Meir Moza as “an outstanding criminal lawyer and civil litigation attorney, with special commendations.”
- Certificate of Excellence as a criminal lawyer in completion of the trial advocacy program, of the DA’s office, of prosecution of DWI cases.
- Attorney Meir Moza, the founder of the law offices of Meir Moza & associates, was inducted IN MARCH 2018, and honored and, further awarded, as exceptional trial attorney and outstanding litigator by the honorary AMERICAN SOCIETY of LEGAL ADVOCATES (ASLA). As such attorney Meir Moza was included in a unique and selected group of litigators who are hand chosen by this honorary group in recognition of their outstanding performance as trial attorneys in the USA, and their exceptional achievements as trial litigation advocates in major trials, both civil and criminal
- Attorney MEIR MOZA was inducted to an honorary “LAWYERS OF DISTINCTION” exceptional litigators, distinguished lawyers association on January 2018. The induction was made after few clients had nominated him to this honorary post and a background review was made of his qualifications which supplemented and supported this decision. It designates him as included in the TOP 10% of lawyers in the UNITED STATES.
This accomplishment further highlights his legal accomplishments and success in the legal field and practice.
- Meir Moza attorney was honored in June 2018 by the respectable Martindale Hubbell society as an honorary silver client champion for the office’s outstanding handling and treatment of clients and cases.
Meir Moza, Esq. is an outstanding criminal lawyer who is also current member of the following organizations:
CRIMINAL LAWYER and CIVIL LITIGATOR, Meir Moza, esq. is fluent in the English and Hebrew languages and also provides a wide variety of representation to the Israeli community through his fluency in Hebrew.
- CRIMINAL ATTORNEY Meir Moza, Esq. is profoundly involved in charities and contributions to major funds which include “Hadassah” and the “Burns Unit” which contributes funds to individuals injured and in need of financial assistance. Mr. Moza’s involvement in said contribution was widely recognized through awards and publication of same.
- Other organizations sponsored by Meir Moza, Esq. were the Israeli Defense Forces, American Red Cross, ASPCA, North Shore Animal League, Pet Rescue and many other organizations who provide help to the needy children and unwanted and neglected pets and stray animals.
- CRIMINAL LAWYER Meir Moza, Esq. also provided pro-bono work in providing legal assistance to a family, who was raising funds to their sick daughter, stricken by cancer, and who was taken advantage of by con artists who stole the money raised in the fund raiser for the child. The pro-bono legal work done by our office had ultimately succeeded in exposing the con artists and fully reimbursing the money which was taken by them to the family represented.
Our office also employs a private investigator in certain cases which require such service. The private investigator, Richard Kemmler, is a former NYPD sergeant with extensive experience in the field of investigation, both criminally and civilly, and provides our office with a wide variety of surveillance and background searches, as well as other valuable services, in the field of investigation.